Within the communes of the Ciechanów county, there are numerous secular and sacred historical buildings, monuments and objects of cultural, historical value, which testify to the richness of this land.
The Museum of Mazovian Gentry in Ciechanów conducts research, organizes exhibitions, collects, develops and disseminates of the North Mazovia cultural heritage, with particular emphasis put on the noble tradition. It collects mainly archaeological, ethnographic, archival and military relics related to the history of the Ciechanów Land.
Castle of the Dukes of Mazovia in Ciechanów is the greatest monument of Ciechanów, a defensive building of the fourteenth century, is considered the best preserved Polish lowland castle.
The Parish Church in Ciechanów from the XIV-XVI centuries is an example of the so-called Masovian Gothic. There are a Renaissance tombstone of a knight, and numerous plaques inside the church.
The Post Augustinian Church in Ciechanów was founded in the sixteenth century at the Augustinian monastery.
The neo-Gothic City Hall in Ciechanów, build in 1844, is located on the north side of the market. It is now the headquarters of the city authorities.
The Gord (X-XI c.) is the cradle of Ciechanów, located next to the Parish Church. This is where the legendary Ciechan put the first hut, started a family and then with the help of many brave sons built a wooden borough.
The Neo-Gothic bell tower was built in 1889, on top of a medieval settlement, in the place of the former wooden seventeenth century bell tower.
The neo-Renaissance building of the District Police Headquarters from 1913. In the interwar period it housed the District Office, Association of Local Government, the District Court, the Tax Office.
The Eclectic Tenement of the Brudnicki family of 1912 is one of the most beautiful townhouses in Ciechanów.
Housing Units - are the largest housing project, which was created during World War II.
The Museum of Romanticism Palace Park Complex in Opinogóra Górna contains many memorabilia of Zygmunt Krasinski and documents reflecting historical, cultural events and atmosphere of this period. The main buildings are: The Mansion Town of Krasińscy, Backhouse, The Manor of Krasińscy and Orangery. The Romantic English-style park with the area of 21 hectares with its diverse trees and fish ponds creates an excellent microclimate of this place.
The nineteenth century neoclassical church in the Upper Opinogóra includes tombs of Krasińcy, including that of Zygmunt.
The park in Gołotczyzna contains a beautifully situated villa named "Krzewnia", in which Aleksander Świętochowski lived and created for many years - which is now the Museum of Positivism.
In the Manor House of Aleksandra Bąkowska of the early twentieth century in Gołotczyzna, the heiress of goods in Gołotczyzna, Countess Aleksandra Bąkowska lived, a founder of many educational initiatives.
Other important religious monuments are: a Baroque wooden church in Lekowo, brick and wooden church in Kraszewo - from the sixteenth-eighteenth century, with unique wooden tombstone and the ambo of the eighteenth century and the church in Malużyn.